Wow! What an honor to receive the Versatile Blogger Award from Teachermum today! I am so touched and grateful that she has enjoyed reading my blog! She and I sure have a lot of things in common… teachers by day, bloggers by night, and MOMs 24/7! Please be sure to read her blog and find out all about the term she coined, ‘The Crumple Effect’…I love it!
The Rules after accepting the Versatile Blogger Award are:
- Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Pass this award along to recently discovered blogs.
I hope you enjoy these enlightening, funny, supportive and inspirational bloggers as much as I do!
Now in order to receive the award…Seven Things About Me:
1. I have really never won anything in my life. I have never won a trophy, first place, or really any kind of award. Wait-I did win the ‘best dancer’ award at my school…not sure if that was a joke, though.
2. When I was a little girl, I was extremely shy. So shy that I wouldn’t talk to most people, and if I went to a friend’s house and anyone but them answered the door I would hide. I’m still shy, but have managed to get over my fear of public speaking enough to stand in front of teenagers every day-and they can be a tough audience!
3. I met my husband at a punk rock concert in the 80s. Neither one of us then looked much like we do now. He had way more hair, I had way less. We were both backstage after the show, and ended up together. That was 26 years ago.
4. I would love to live in a foreign country. I wish I had just done it when my kids were little-now that they’re old enough to have opinions, it would be hard to tear them away from their friends, sports, and school. Well, they might be ok with the school part. Maybe when I retire I’ll buy a house somewhere in a Spanish speaking country and just live there for awhile. I hope they’d come to visit me.
5. I used to drive a VW Thing. It was yellow, it had no heater, and the doors, windows, windshield, and top were removable. There was a plug on the bottom of the floor that I could remove and just hose it out when it got dirty. SUCH a
girl car, and I loved it. My boyfriend (future husband) hated it. California
I miss that car.
6. I once was a groupie. I have seen The Cure play all over the world…I can’t even count the number of times I have seen them. I have an amazing vinyl collection of all their music that I just can’t bear to part with. We still own a turntable! I will still see them play whenever they come to California…maybe not in other countries anymore, but you never know!
7. I was an
OB-no, not the kind that delivers babies. Although I have done that, twice. I am an original barista. I made a mean cappuccino before anyone even knew what Starbucks was. In the 80s that was the only job I could find with hair the color of an avocado!
Thanks again to Teachermum for the kind recognition of my blog. I guess now I can’t say that I’ve never won anything.