Wow! I’m certainly honored to win The Versatile Blogger award today from Why We Love Green! My first bloggy award! Thank you!
Why We Love Green is a great blog about saving money while saving the earth. This blogger loves to try out and support natural and organic products and make lifestyle changes that will benefit future generations. She also loves to find a good deal. Going green does not have to be expensive! Be sure to check it out!
A few things you may not know about mamawolfe:
1. I’m married and have two children, and live in the town I grew up in. I like it here much more as an adult than I did as a child-boring then = safe place to raise children now!
2. I’ve been teaching junior high for 20 years and I LOVE IT! They always surprise me, and I usually come home really feeling like I earned my paycheck every day! I think that’s how I was dubbed ‘mamawolfe’!
3. I teach at the junior high I attended. It was a little spooky at first, but then I realized it was actually very cool to voluntarily come back to a place I was pretty eager to leave…
4. My dog’s name is Cola-if you speak Spanish, you’ll know what that means. It’s not about the soft drink! My kids named him that because his tail is one of his most distinguishing features!
5. I’m passionate about education, especially in developing countries. I think everyone has the right to be educated. I’ve worked with a non-profit to build and establish a Nicaraguan sister school with my junior high, and enjoy watching kids in both cultures learn from each other.
6. I spend a lot of time in the kitchen-my kids and I love to bake and cook, and my husband loves eating! I think cooking together really expands a child’s palate, and makes meals much more interesting!
7. I think a little bit of chocolate and a lot of coffee every day is a very good thing. Enough said.
I would like to congratulate the outstanding bloggers below, who I have selected for the next Versatile Blogger Award. They’re some of my favorite reads!