out of sight of the friends.
I’ve spent the last week working with my 8th and 9th grade leadership students getting ready to welcome every 7th grader to our school. It’s a beautiful thing, really. Believe it or not, those 7th graders are pretty nervous-they just don’t want anyone to know it.
- Be on time and pay attention and LISTEN in class. Don’t procrastinate!
- Use your planner. Get things done as soon as possible. Stay organized!
- Make a good first impression with your teachers and new friends.
- Understand and follow the rules. Don’t share your locker combo.
- Stay healthy. Get plenty of sleep and eat breakfast. Bring a snack and lunch, too!
- Follow the dress code. Get to class on time!
- Try not to get stressed out. Ask teachers or counselors for help in classes if you need it.
- Participate in class and other fun stuff at school. Make an effort!
- Don’t feel shy – include new people in your group of friends.
Latest posts by Jennifer Wolfe (see all)
- Nicaragua Non-Profit: A Chance To Make A Difference - June 24, 2017
- Let Me Be: Poetry For Celebrating Summer Solstice - June 21, 2017
- Don’t You Think Age Is Only A Number? - June 17, 2017