Wow! What an honor to receive the Versatile Blogger Award from Teachermum today! I am so touched and grateful that she has enjoyed reading my blog! She and I sure have a lot of things in common… teachers by day, bloggers by night, and MOMs 24/7! Please be sure to read her blog and find out all about the term she coined, ‘The Crumple Effect’…I love it!
The Rules after accepting the Versatile Blogger Award are:
- Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Pass this award along to recently discovered blogs.
I hope you enjoy these enlightening, funny, supportive and inspirational bloggers as much as I do!
Coming Home To Myself
Now in order to receive the award…Seven Things About Me:
1. I have really never won anything in my life. I have never won a trophy, first place, or really any kind of award. Wait-I did win the ‘best dancer’ award at my school…not sure if that was a joke, though.
2. When I was a little girl, I was extremely shy. So shy that I wouldn’t talk to most people, and if I went to a friend’s house and anyone but them answered the door I would hide. I’m still shy, but have managed to get over my fear of public speaking enough to stand in front of teenagers every day-and they can be a tough audience!
3. I met my husband at a punk rock concert in the 80s. Neither one of us then looked much like we do now. He had way more hair, I had way less. We were both backstage after the show, and ended up together. That was 26 years ago.
4. I would love to live in a foreign country. I wish I had just done it when my kids were little-now that they’re old enough to have opinions, it would be hard to tear them away from their friends, sports, and school. Well, they might be ok with the school part. Maybe when I retire I’ll buy a house somewhere in a Spanish speaking country and just live there for awhile. I hope they’d come to visit me.
5. I used to drive a VW Thing. It was yellow, it had no heater, and the doors, windows, windshield, and top were removable. There was a plug on the bottom of the floor that I could remove and just hose it out when it got dirty. SUCH a
girl car, and I loved it. My boyfriend (future husband) hated it. California
I miss that car.
6. I once was a groupie. I have seen The Cure play all over the world…I can’t even count the number of times I have seen them. I have an amazing vinyl collection of all their music that I just can’t bear to part with. We still own a turntable! I will still see them play whenever they come to California…maybe not in other countries anymore, but you never know!
7. I was an
OB-no, not the kind that delivers babies. Although I have done that, twice. I am an original barista. I made a mean cappuccino before anyone even knew what Starbucks was. In the 80s that was the only job I could find with hair the color of an avocado!
Thanks again to Teachermum for the kind recognition of my blog. I guess now I can’t say that I’ve never won anything.
Where Can I Get Halloween Costumes For BoysNovember 1, 2013
Thanks in favor of sharing such a nice idea, article is good, thats why i have readReply
Where Can I Get Halloween Costumes For Boys recently posted…Where Can I Get Halloween Costumes For Boys
mamawolfeSeptember 16, 2011
Brenda~ Easy to share with someone who is so deserving of an award!Reply
brendaSeptember 15, 2011
Thank you again for the sharing the love..
mamawolfeSeptember 7, 2011
Great to get to know you! Aren’t friends wonderful for pushing us to do and be more than we thought we could be?
KimSeptember 7, 2011
Love your blog and congrats on your award! And winning for dancing is still winning! And I can relate to the whole shy-child thing. I was super shy too, until about 3rd grade when I met my now best friend. She was and is still a bit of a whack job – I had no choice but to come out of my shell a bit. Love your blog, just became a follower. Thanks for friending me on vB too! Thanks so much!
mamawolfeSeptember 3, 2011
Hey Jenn…blue was the one color I never had! Kudos!Reply
JennSeptember 2, 2011
I love that! Hair the color of avocado, huh? Awesome! I had blue hair once myself 🙂Reply
mamawolfeSeptember 2, 2011
~Desiree-thanks for following mamawolfe! I appreciate your support.
~Sandi-wow-that’s a lot to deal with! I’m glad you have your daughter to help get you started…I put my 15 year old to work, too! Thanks for following!Reply
SandiSeptember 2, 2011
Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog, and I imagine you’re as exhausted as I am. The first two days would have been as tiring anyway, but with a bum knee and limited energy, not to mention dealing with a cane, I am more exhausted than I’ve ever been.Reply
I look forward to reading more about your adventures in life!
DesireeSeptember 1, 2011
Popped over from Dee. I have visited before, but did not join, as I felt I already follow more blogs than I can comfortably visit regularly (I really do try!)
I have joined your following now, though and look forward to reading your posts as often as I am able to do so.Reply
mamawolfeSeptember 1, 2011
Sean Marie – thank you!
Brenda-yes, I wish I still had that car!
Megan-yes, sad but true
TeachermumSeptember 1, 2011
Wow – you certainly have many talents!!!Reply
Looking forward to reading more posts and continued connection in the blogosphere.
Megan BlandfordSeptember 1, 2011
The only job you could find with hair the colour of avocado? Love that – laughing here!Reply
DeeAugust 31, 2011
Hello again, I’ve accepted the “rules” of the Versatile Award and posted seven bloggers I like to read. This award truly does reward us all. Thank you.Reply
BrendaAugust 31, 2011
A fellow winner ( thanks kindly to your goodself). It is funny how we write and write and write and even though we reveal bits and pieces, we don’t. I have my howework and the next blog post mapped out. And now for the seven things…. hmmm? On another topic, I am pleased you enjoy grrlguide. It’s a labor, sometime of love and sometimes, not. You know, I can see you in the VW…Reply
Sean MarieAugust 31, 2011
New follower! 🙂
Thanks for sharing that awesome picture from back in the day. 🙂 I look forward to more posts.Reply
mamawolfeAugust 31, 2011
Barbara-thank you for the comment and compliment! I’ve never been to Costa Rica, but I did really enjoy Nicaragua.
Shannon- oh, 80s hair. Some of it definitely not to be remembered!
Elisa-thanks for the compliment. I like learning about other bloggers, too!
Dee-you’re welcome! Blogging rewards us in so many ways, doesn’t it?Reply
DeeAugust 31, 2011
How kind and generous of you to give me a versatile blogger award!!!!!
Wow! I finally won something. Just goes to show how rewarding sharing one’s life can be!
And yes, Elisa is right–the photo of you is “awesome”!Reply
Elisabeth HirschAugust 31, 2011
You are sooo sweet! Plus, I love this post. It’s fun learning more about you. That picture is awesome :0)Reply
Shannon MilhollandAugust 31, 2011
This is absolutely hilarious. LOVE your seven fun facts. Thanks so much for visiting Southern Writers and for the kind distinction as a versatile blogger. Have a fantastic day!
btw – I had an assymetrical haircut for a bit in the 80s… 🙂Reply
spanish4kiddosAugust 31, 2011
So great to learn more about you in this blog bit. You looked really cool with your hair short. As far as living in a Spanish foreign country, I hear Costa Rica is very nice to live and great weather most of all year round.Reply
Wishing you a wonderful day,
Español para Niños (Spanish for Kids)