Friday Photo: What a Woman

Sometimes as I’m moving around in my day, an image gets stuck in my head that I can’t shake. Sometimes it conjures up a memory, a feeling, or provides an impulse to do something. Often, though, I just see something that I want to capture in my mind for no particular reason-it just speaks to me. I’d like to offer these images up for ‘thought contributions’-as a way to generate a community of ideas together.

Today’s Friday Photo was taken a few weeks ago on Treasure Island.  Look at her!  Look at the balance, the coordination.  Look at the lines of her body. The steel of her frame.  The transparency of her skin.  The muscles of her legs.  The sway of her hips, and the grace of her hands.  She is larger than life, dwarfing all those around her.  Look at the peacefulness of her face, thoughts kept deep within.  Look at Her!  What a Woman!

What do you see?

19 thoughts on “Friday Photo: What a Woman

1. I was the model for this sculpture…. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
    In MY dreams! 😛

2. Now this may seem an odd reaction, but this picture put a lump in my throat and made me feel all emotional!! The power of woman….and that she is just looking so confident and free and unselfconscious in her womanhood. I wish we could all feel that way.

Karen, I love that! 🙂

3. Terri says:

What a beautiful sculpture and post.
    Happy Friday!

I see an inner ease. An acceptance of the beauty and grace of herself. A belief that all shall be well and that all is well within and without. A knowledge that at the deep center of her being she is One with all creation.

5. mamawolfe says:

Thank you for the comments-isn’t this an amazing sculpture? You should really see it in person-she is so huge and strong and lovely! It is emotional…to see woman depicted so strongly. And “inner ease”…I like that. She is slightly off balance, but keeps her pose like the strongest yoga instructor!

6. mmbear says:

Don’t we all wish we had all that power? I think most of us do and that people misjudge women all the time. Why can’t we be presidents or vice presidents? Double standards I guess. I am a new follower thru GFC and RSS Feed. I would have loved to follow on FB but I had a drama with FB last on last Friday’s FB blog hop. I guess I liked too many too fast and they thought I was spamming and suspended me for 15 days (I have 5 to go)!! I don’t understand how it is spamming when we all sign up for these FB blog hops. We are basically saying come on over so I don’t see how I did anything wrong. Tried to appeal but they won’t answer me. So, I am leaving the FB issue up to each person. If you follow me now, leave a comment on my blog telling me you did. I have a list going of all the people I need to follow back when the ban is lifted. But I will leave the comment on your blog, not FB. Won’t ever make that mistake again. Or you can wait until I follow you first then you follow me. Either way I won’t be offended. I would love a follow back on the other three though when you get a chance. Thanks so much for your help and have a great weekend!

Mary@http://www.mmbearcupoftea.com

7. GJT says:

I love the feeling of movement in this sculpture, and the fact that she LOOKS strong, not waify.

Gina from vB

8. Absolutely stunning. I am visiting from voiceBoks and would love if you visited my blog. 🙂

9. mamawolfe says:

Thank you!
    mmbear- I completely agree. I think that to avoid being misjudged we have to self-advocate-and figure out a way where people will not think we are being bitchy in the process.

GJT- Yes-isn’t the strength amazing? I found myself starting at the construction-it’s all steel and wire-not wimpy at all!

Fatty Bumpkins- stunning, indeed!

10. Terri. says:

New follower via GFC, your kids eyes are amazing!!!

11. Very nice! New follower from voiceBoks Hopper Mania.

12. Christine says:

I like the look of movement that this still sculpture evokes. Thanks for posting it! I’m visiting from the voiceboks gfc hop! -Christine @ Why We Love Green http://@whywelovegreen.blogspot.com

13. I agree with what the others have said – the strength and beauty of this woman is so powerful. This is the woman I wish I could be.

14. mamawolfe says:

Thank you for the comments!~

Terri-what a nice compliment!

Savvy- glad you hopped over!

Elisabeth- she is gorgeous, isn’t she?

Christine – I was amazed at how such a HUGE sculpture could be so balanced and have the movement and stability at the same time…

Spilled-I love that! I wish I could be her, too. Maybe we ARE…

15. Brenda says:

I love this one.. wonderful. I see me in there (somewhere.. oh, who am I kidding, but I wish).

16. mamawolfe says:

Brenda – you ARE in there-I think that’s the point! She is every woman on some level…

17. Abby says: