Do you ever have one of those days when you feel like you just can’t get it right? Yesterday was one of those days- I was running late for work, my coffee spilled all over the papers I was supposed to be grading, I forgot my lunch, I ran out of handouts for one class, my kids needed to be driven all over town and back again, the dinner was less than Rachel Ray would whip up, and my children would NOT go to sleep! Days like this just make me feel overwhelmed, unsuccessful and OLD. They make me wonder how I can keep up with work, mothering, and life in general.
And have you ever noticed that sometimes on days like this, something happens to let a crack of light in? It could be an authentic smile from a stranger, or someone letting you go before them in the grocery store checkout line, or your partner surprising you with a clean kitchen when you return home. At the very least, your dog might be happy to see you after a long day!
Today, my ray of hope came in the form of a blogging award. My friend and fellow blogger Michael Ann from Thinking In My Head passed along the Kreativ Blogger award to mamawolfe today just in the nick of time! I love being a blogger. The blogging world is an amazingly supportive community rich with wonderful, talented, funny, compassionate writers.
The rules for accepting this award are to share a few things about yourself, and then to pass the award along to ten other blogs. So if your day has been less than stellar, sit back, relax, and let some sunshine into your life!
Seven Things About Me:
1. I loved college. It was the hardest yet most rewarding job I’ve ever had. I wish I had not been so eager to start teaching and had worked towards a masters. Who knows-maybe that will be my next challenge!
2. I just received a federal grant from the Department of Education to be a part of the Teachers of Global Classrooms program. It involves 8 weeks of coursework on global education, two trips to Washington D.C. for seminars, and two weeks in a foreign country! I’m super excited!
3. I love teaching middle school, and don’t love teaching elementary school. I don’t like kids tugging on me all day, but I do like the unexpectedness of 12-15 year olds!
4. I love baseball. When I was a kid I played ‘Bobby Sox’-oh, so NOT a PC term! I was a pretty solid catcher, and not a bad hitter, either.
5. My favorite color is black. Yep. Black IS a color. I wear black nearly every day-at least some part of my outfit. My second favorite is leopard. I’m not sure that’s a color according to Crayola, but I love it just the same.
6. I adore the ocean. Actually, more being near the ocean. I don’t actually like to be IN the ocean-I get horribly seasick, and am not a very good swimmer. I prefer cold beaches to warm-not a fan of sunbathing!
7. I have been known to dance like nobody’s watching. Actually, that’s probably a very good thing. I’m not quite ready for ‘So You Think You Can Dance’, but I’m getting close!
And now, to pay it forward, please spend a moment to visit my nominees for the Kreativ Blogger Award!