I have made some very sassy blogger friends in the last few months. Fortunately, when you’re a grown woman being sassy doesn’t have the same negative connotation as when you were a kid and your mother sent you to your room for being fresh, impertinent or impudent (not that MY mother ever did that).
Grown woman sassy, in my opinion, is a very good thing. To me, grown woman sassy is a lady who knows what she thinks and isn’t afraid to say it. And mean it. Articulately. Persuasively. Maybe that’s why so many sassy women are bloggers. Sassy bloggers speak their minds in a bold and smart way, and readers can’t help but cheer them on.
One of my favorite sassy bloggers is Caffeinated OC Mommy. This woman uses language like a lethal weapon, and certainly has won my respect. Apparently I’ve won hers, too – she bestowed upon me the “Tell Me About Yourself” blog award. As sassy as she is, she’s making me follow her rules of acceptance:
- I must tell 7 things about myself
- I must pass it on to other deserving bloggers
* I’m only 5’2″. That might come as a surprise to some of my students, since hardly a day goes by when I’m not wearing heels. Not stilettos, mind you. I teach junior high. But a nice 2-3 inch wedge or platform puts me at least at eye level with most of my pupils, and that’s a very nice place to be. On those days when I just can’t wear them I stand on an upturned milk crate for most of my lesson.
* I’m addicted to “Diners, Drive Ins and Dives”. I love eating at low key, local joints whenever I go somewhere. In fact, I have an app on my phone that will show me wherever Guy Fieri has visited in any city. I make a point to check them out, and so far I haven’t been disappointed.
* I’m raising two billingual kids. Sometimes making amends through our children for a life-not-lived is a positive thing. Going to an immersion school and speaking fluent Spanish isn’t a choice they got to make, but I know they’ll
thank me for it someday.
thank me for it someday.
* I’m a bibliophage. That’s new word I learned that means ‘an ardent reader or bookworm’. One of the smarter moves I ever made was to be an English major-what could be better for a bibliophage than to get to read great books, write and talk about them for two years straight? I always have a book to escape into-lately it’s been historical fiction that I read late at night.
* I’m a good northern California girl. I recycle, ride my bike, drive a hybrid, dislike mall shopping, eat organic produce and vote in every election.
And yes, I’m sassy too. I can’t help it. Maybe that’s why you read my blog.
So please take a moment and show some respect to these fellow bloggers-what goes around, comes around.
Funny The World
The Contemplative Cat
Insignificant At Best
My Dishwasher’s Possessed
Too Timid and Squeamish
Heal Now And Forever
The Crazy Life of a Writing Mom