Friday Photo: Giving Thanks

Yes, I know it’s the first week of December, not the third Thursday in November.  Today’s Friday Photo has no turkeys, pumpkins, corn or cranberries.  There’s nothing here that looks similar to a traditional thanks-giving post.  But that’s exactly what it is.  These photos of my son were taken by my dear uncle the day before Thanksgiving as we walked around our neighborhood, looking for nothing in particular.  What makes them so special to me are the memories that lie within them.  You see, this year my son anticipated the arrival of our out-of-town family members like it was the night before Christmas.  He couldn’t stop talking about how much fun it was on Thanksgiving because everyone was together, it was warm, cozy, and just felt great.  He couldn’t wait to go geocaching with his aunts, uncles and cousins.  He knew board games in front of the fire were a sure thing.  And of course, the dogs.  Lots of new dogs to cuddle made him a very happy guy.
So today, I’m giving thanks for all that and more.  I’m giving thanks for family that likes to be together and feels comfortable around each other.  I’m giving thanks for a safe and peaceful home where everyone gathers.  I’m giving thanks for abundant feelings of love and support from people near by and far away.  And I’m giving thanks for C-Fly, who teaches me every day that it doesn’t take a holiday to remember what a lucky mom I truly am.

20 thoughts on “Friday Photo: Giving Thanks

1. Olah Momma! says:

Makes me smile:) I am thankful for what you are thankful too.

Following your lovely blog. I am also inviting you to add your blog at Momma’s Lounge ( http://olahmomma.com/momlounge ) where you meet more mom bloggers, shout away, add your giveaways and business links and get featured by sharing your crafts, recipes and interesting musings. Following us back is deeply appreciated.

Thanks and have a great day!

2. Kim says:

Love this post. The more people I talk to this year, the more I hear that Thanksgiving has become their favorite holiday. No gifts, no cards, no seocnd mortgaging the home to make the day full of “stuff”….just family, food and good laughs. I completely agree with your son and think it’s fantastic that he values time with family that much! Happy Holidays! Oh and I’m here from the FNF Blog hop!
    Kim

3. Bella says:

Mamawolfe, is there anything more beautiful than gratitude? How lovely to read your post and be reminded of how often we go through our day without expressing one word of thanks. Not to our spouses, children, neighbors, or anyone else we care about. This post made me realize that it’s time for me to express a little gratitude of my own. Thank you for that! 🙂

4. mamawolfe says:

Hi MA~ glad I could make you smile!
    Hi Olah-thanks for the invite-I’ll stop by!
    Hi Perspective-that’s what it’s all about-spreading the joy!
    Elisabeth~you’re welcome! Hope your day improved!
    Lindsay~glad you enjoyed the photos-isn’t my uncle amazing?
    Hi Kim~ I’m with you on the anti-stuff movement…too much!
    Nancy~ I agree!
    Hi Shanda~ Every day is the perfect day!
    Hi Janet~ Glad I could share some beauty with you.
    Hi Bella~ I agree, gratitude is the most beautiful feeling. Glad I could share it with you today.

5. Jacqueline says:

It’s so great when family is all together and even nicer that your son looked forward to it. It means he will really know the value of family and he owes that to you. You have a lovely family.

6. Kathy says:

Great photo and great piece! I love how family can be the best gift we can give our kids!! I love how excited they get too!! I also love my visits to your site!!

7. mamawolfe says:

Hi Inner Chick~ It’s good to keep perspective, isn’t it? Keeps us real.
    Hi Kristina~Glad you liked the photos. Yes, I’ve got a cool son, for sure!
    Jacqueline-thank you. I’m lucky that he has some great role models in my family!
    Hi Eugene~ I love your phrase ‘breathe autumn life’-perfect!
    Kathy~ thank you! It is so cool to watch your kids grow up into nice humans, isn’t it?
    Hi Patricia-thanks for following!