Friday Photo: Hopeful Dreams

How many photos did you see like this last week?
Smiling children with backpacks
New clothes, new shoes, new attitudes
How many parents did you see like me last week?
Holding cameras and lunchboxes
New dreams, new hopes, new promises
How many children did you see starting off last week?
Riding bikes and buses
New schools, new teachers, new fears
I’m sure there were hundreds
Thousands
Millions
Maybe even billions around the world
We really are more alike than we are different
We really are hopeful for their future
We really do hope our dreams come true

15 thoughts on “Friday Photo: Hopeful Dreams

1. ReinaBorinquena says:

Wow. I’m so locked into my son, I forget the big picture. I’m not the only one. Last week, some parents were sending their kids off to school for perhaps the first time or others were sending their kid onto the next school, i.e., elementary, middle or high school. It really is about hope, hope for their future, that they have it better than we did. Great post.

2. Pepper Tan says:

Nobody is more excited about the beginning of school than us parents, I think. Yes, we start off the year brimming with hope for the future of our kids. We look forward to happy school days without stories of bullying or whatnot.

Such a heartfelt and sincere post :). It’s something we can all relate to.

3. Laura@Catharsis says:

Beautiful! We don’t begin this familiar routine until next week in our neck of the woods (some silly law that went into effect a few years ago stating we can’t start until after Labor Day), but best believe all will look similar here. Happy new school year to you and yours!

Laura, that’s not a silly law-that’s great! Although that might mean that you have to spend Labor Day weekend stressing about starting up, while we get to spend it at the lake! Hope all goes well…as it usually does.

4. Carla Karam says:

Nice! Jennifer… you took the words right out of my mouth… in my neck of the woods the majority of our children started yesterday… But just you implied.. we may all live in different cities, near or far, little or big, although different we are a lot alike! Grace, peace and blessings, Carla

Thank you, Carla. I wish more people would look at each other’s similarities, rather than search for what sets us apart. If we teach our children…imagine what the world could be like!